Universities of Canada in Egypt invites you to meet our guest lecturer H.E. Prof. Dr. Ahmed Kamaly, Deputy Minister at the Ministry of Planning and Economic Development, at our webinar to discuss the future of sustainable developments in Egypt.
The webinar highlights a lot of conducive topics such as Egypt 2030’s vision of achieving the sustainable development goals with a focus on the role of education and global partnership, how the University & global partnerships can have an influential role in achieving these goals, and a lot more to discuss during our webinar.
Seize the chance to attend such an explanatory webinar!
Join us on Thursday, 10th of December, 2020, from 12:40 PM till 1:30 PM.
*For The Universities of Canada community, the webinar will be broadcasted in the auditorium. You are welcomed to join!
Get to know his Excellency
- Graduated from the Department of Economics at the American University in Cairo (1991).
- Received a Master of Economics from the same university (1995)
- Received a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Maryland at College Park (2002)
He served as:
- A researcher at the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in Washington, DC.
- A senior economist at Business & Technical Consultants Inc. (IBTCI).
- A Research Coordinator at the Economic Research Forum in Egypt (ERF).
- The Advisor to the World Bank in Washington, DC.
- The Chair of the Department of Economics, American University in Cairo.
- An Economic Advisor to the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones of Egypt.
- The Director of the Egyptian National Focal Point (OECD) in the Egyptian Ministry of Investment.
- The Chief of the Economic Governance and Planning Section at the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UN-ESCWA)
Currently, his Excellency serves as deputy minister to the Minister of Planning, and Economic Development, in addition to his work as a professor in the Economics Department of the American University in Cairo.